|Installation in a reservoir under construction...
Based on over 25 years of international experience, General Environmental Systems offers the industry's only industrial-grade
hypolimnetic aeration system.
Our HYPOLIM TM aerator is used for the oxygenation of deeper, thermally stratified lakes and reservoirs.
Oxygen is supplied to the hypolimnion water and the critical sediment-water interface without disturbing the natural thermal
The HYPOLIM TM Effectively . . .
- Suppresses the release of iron and manganese from the bottom sediment by improving the aerobic
state of the water directly above it.
- Allows municipalities to withdraw colder, more constant, good quality water from the reservoir's lower level year
- Reduces water treatment costs by requiring less chemical use and producing less sludge.
- Decreases the internal release of phosphorus from the sediment, reducing excessive algae growth and eliminating the need
to treat with copper sulfate.
- Reduces or eliminates algae-related taste and odor problems, as well as the formation of THM precursors.
- Improves the aesthetics, recreation and fishing aspects of recreational lakes.
How Does it Work?
Compressed air is released into a central tube near the bottom of the water body. The rising air bubbles create an air-lift
pump, moving large volumes of water and transfering oxygen (under hydrostatic pressure) to the water. At the top of the unit,
undissolved gases are vented to the atmosphere and two outer tubes return the oxygenated water back to the oxygen-poor
layer just above the sediment.
Based on the physical shape and depth of the water body, we determine the quantity, location and size of the units required
to return the lake or reservoir to health.
Back to "Which Aeration System is Best for You?"